Rewarding and recognizing accomplishments before setting your future goals

 Exercise: Before writing what you'd like to accomplish in the next 5 years, recognize what you already HAVE. Before I wrote this in my journal I had no idea how many things I accomplished, and i felt a real sense of pride.

1. What have you accomplished in the past 5 years?

2. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? 

3. Weird one; but what would you like people to say when you die?

What have you accomplished in the past 5 years?

I completed this list February 2020, and it shocked me how many things I was able to write. I had NO idea that I had (was able) to accomplish so many things

-      Paid for and completed working holiday in the USA

-      Variety of jobs (bar work, NHS, etc.)

-      2.1 Degree in Public health

-      Moved to 3 different countries (USA, UK, Vietnam)

-      Visited 7

-      Completed TEFL

-      1 year experience in Public health

-      1 year experience teaching (April 2021; almost 3 years)

-      Lost 10kg+

-      Physically fit

-      Found boxing, Zumba, and other mindful satisfying activities

-      Have become a better friend


Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Living: Europe

Having a good work/ life balance

Emotionally and mentally stronger than I am now (March 2021; The work started then, and it has paid off now, I had been in darkness for a long time then reached rock bottom/ "the pits" before I saw the light)

Spiritually and intellectually:

-Be thankful

-Have a clearer life path (April 2021; it’s already become clearer)

Relationship:

Have shared values

Value independence

Working as a team

To fall in love (April 2021; it's easier to love, when you find love in yourself. I know; it's cheesy)

Ask yourself the question;

What do I want to accomplish before I die?

Values/ what matters most/ what will people say about you?

My goals don't differ much from now.

Values: open-mindedness, “happiness” (April 2021; fulfillment in my life path), family harmony, being responsible.

Matters most: Family, connections with friend and people (through travelling and meeting people of different cultures) physical sentimental objects that hold memories (photographs, seashells, certain songs), being financially stable (good work/ life balance)

What do I hope people will say?

“She was open”

“She was friendly”

“She was caring”

“She was eccentric”

“She was admirable”

 

Small steps to accomplishing goals:

What can I do this week?

What can I do this month?

What can I do today?

Turn goals into new habits: Example, in the past I wanted to lose weight and save money; I began cycling as a mode of transport; got around the cities quicker, saved money and lost the weight)

 






 Feel free to contact me for any questions through my instagram @itsmedannig

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My healing journey 1